Steel Flange, Blind Flanges ANSI B16.5 / ANSI B16.47 , DIN2527 /
DIN2566 , BS4504 / BS4504
|Blind - Blind Flanges (BLRF)|
A popular category of pipe flange is the blind flange. A blind
flange is used to close ends of piping systems. It is a kind of
round plate with no center hold but with all the proper bolt holes.
This blind flange is available in various sizes and materials and
is used to provide positive closer on the ends of pipes, valves or
equipment nozzles. This flange helps in easy access to a line once
it has been sealed. The blind flange is sometimes custom made or
machined to accept a nominal sized pipe to which reduction is being
made. This reduction can be a threaded reduction or welded
Features of Blind Flanges:
Some important features of blind flanges are as follows:
- Blind flanges are sometimes supplied with NPT fittings which allow
pressure test connections to be fitted.
- They are used to blank off the ends of pipe.
- They are also used to blank off the ends of valves and pressure
- Considering factors like internal pressure and bolt loading, blind
flanges, especially in the larger sizes, are the most highly
stressed of all types of flanges.
- Since the maximum stresses in a blind flange are bending stresses
at the center, they can safely be allowed to be higher than in
other types of flanges.
- Blind flanges are made to fit standard pipes in all sizes.
Blind Flanges Product Range
½" (15 NB) to 48" (1200NB) in 150 LBS, 300 LBS, 600 LBS, 900 LBS,
1500 LBS, 2500 LBS ASA 150, ASA 300, PN 6,10,16,25, 40,64,100,160
ETC. Available with NACE MR 01-75
Stainless Steel Blind Flanges
Grade : 304, 304L, 304H, 309, 310, 310S, 316, 316Ti, 316 L, 317,
317L, 321, 347, 347 H, 409, 410, 410S, 420, 430L
Duplex Steel Blind Flanges
Grade : 2205 (UNS No. S31803), 2507 (UNS No. S32750)
Nickel Alloy Blind Flanges
Grade : Nickel 200 (UNS No. N02200), Nickel 201 (UNS No. N02201),
Monel 400 (UNS No. N04400), Monel 500 (UNS No. N05500), Inconel 800
(UNS No. N08800), Inconel 825 (UNS No. N08825), Inconel 600 (UNS
No. N06600), Inconel 625 (UNS No. N06625), Inconel 601 (UNS No.
N06601), Hastelloy C 276 (UNS No. N10276), Alloy 20 (UNS No.
N08020), Titanium (Grade I & II)
Copper Alloy Blind Flanges
Grade : UNS No. C 10100, 10200, 10300, 10800, 12000, 12200, 70600,
71500, UNS No. C 70600 (Cu -Ni- 90/10), C 71500 (Cu -Ni- 70/30)
Blind Flanges Standard
- ANSI : ANSI B16.5, ANSI B16.47, MSS SP44, ANSI B16.36, ANSI B16.48
- DIN : DIN2527, DIN2566, DIN2573, DIN2576, DIN2641, DIN2642,
DIN2655, DIN2656, DIN2627, DIN2628, DIN2629, DIN 2631, DIN2632,
DIN2633, DIN2634, DIN2635, DIN2636, DIN2637, DIN2638, DIN2673
- B.S : BS4504 , BS4504, BS1560, BS10
- OTHER : PLATE, PLATE BLANK
Value Added Services for Blind Flanges
- HOT DIPPED GALVANIZING.
- HEAT TREATMENT.
- CNC MACHINING.